When required, or authorized by the station's Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or
Communications-Electronic Operating Instructions (CEOI), the operator will perform an opera-
tional test with the distant station(s). If the terminal is operating in the KSR state, Test No. 1
(para a) will be performed. If the terminal is in the ICT state, Test No. 2 (para b) will be performed.
(1) Check the settings of the internal controls on the interface assembly to insure
conformance with the station's SOP or CEOI.
(3) The operator will place the terminal's POWER switch to the ON position.
(4) After the terminal has printed the KSR Operation Validation/State Determination print-
out, the machine is ready for message reception or transmission.
The terminal will transmit one line of text (up to 80 characters) after the carriage-
return (CR) key or the HLT key is pressed.
The terminal transmits only upper case letters in the KSR state.
Editing of one line of text is provided using DLC, DLL and REV keys.
(5) Following the station's SOP or CEOI, the operator will transmit a message to the
distant station(s), identifying the operator's station and requesting a reply that the
message was properly received.
TESTING STATION NO. XXX (enter station's serial number) ACKNOWLEDGE
RECEIPT OF THIS MESSAGE AND IF RECEIVED WITHOUT ERRORS.
1. If your terminal is unbuffered (no memory card 3A1A2 installed in the
terminal), be sure that the distant station(s) is aware of your lack of
message memory. If the distant station(s) is in the KSR state, advise the
distant station to pause one or two seconds between lines of text (when
transmitting) to allow your terminal enough time to print each line and
not lose any incoming characters. If the distant station(s) is in the ICT
state, request that the baud rate be set at no more than 600 baud to pre-
vent loss of text.
2. If the message memory card is
present in your terminal (buffered), all
receive messages are entered
into message memory before being
printed. This allows the terminal
to receive messages at speeds in ex-
cess of the printer speed of 600