(5) Remove the corrugated filler.
(6) Remove the equipment.
Current MWO's applicable to the equip-
(7) Open the cover of the TS-1323/PTM-7.
ment are listed in DA Pam 310-7.
(8) Open the accessory box in the cover;
remove the cushioning pads and unwrap the 2-2. Installing Batteries, Dry BA-30
(9) Store the packing case and filler for
a. The procedure for initially installing or
replacing the eight batteries of the TS-1323/PTM-7
c. Checking Unpacking Equipment.
is as follows:
(1) Inspect the equipment for damage incur-
(1) Loosen the 10 captive screws around the
red during shipment. If the equipment has been front panel.
damaged, report the damage on DD Form 6 (para
(2) Remove the TS-1323/PTM-7 from the case
with the handles provided on the front panel.
(2) Observe that the equipment is complete as
(3) Open the battery compartment door by
listed on the packing slip. If a packing slip is not loosening the two captive screws and releasing the
available, check the equipment against paragraph spring clip on the compartment door (fig. 2-2)
Report all discrepancies
in accordance with
(4) Remove any BA-30's that may be in the
TM 38-750. Shortage of a minor assembly or part battery compartment.
that does not affect proper functioning of the
equipment should not prevent use of the equip- Batteries BT1, BT3, BT5, and BT7 are installed so
that the positive terminal engages the contact on
(3) If the equipment has been used or the compartment door. Batteries BT2, BT4, BT6,
reconditioned, observe whether it has been and BT8 are installed in the opposite direction, so
changed by a modification work order (MWO). If that the positive terminal engages the contact on
the equipment has been modified, the MWO the spring inside the compartment.
number will appear on the front panel near the
(6) Close the compartment door, engage the
nomenclature plate. If modified, see that any spring clip, and tighten the two captive screws.
operational instruction changes resulting from
(7) Replace the TS-1323/PTM-7 in the case.
the modification have been entered in the equip-
Tighten the captive screws.