(4) Replace the cap with the new fuse,
Repairs and Adjustments
press in, and turn clockwise to lock.
a. Replacement of POWER ON and
Replacement of Knobs.
Continuity Test Indicators. The POWER ON indicator
1A4D52 is located on the lower left quadrant of the front
(1) For pointer knobs and those with
index marks, turn the switch or control to the maximum
continuity test indicator is located directly above the
corner of the front panel.
(2) Use the proper Allen wrench to loosen
the two setscrews; then remove the knob.
(1) Turn the glass jewel of either indicator
counterclockwise and remove it to expose the defective
(3) Install a new knob with the index in the
correct position, and tighten both setscrews.
(2) Press in on the lamp and turn it
(4) Before removing the knobs on the
counter-clockwise to unlock it.
LEVEL and VALUE controls, first remove the dial
indicators by removing the two No. 4-40 flathead
(3) Pull the defective lamp out and
screws in the face of the indicator.
replace it with a new one. Push the lamp in and twist it
clockwise to lock it.
Replace the glass jewel.
Do not attempt to remove the clinch nuts
b. Replacement of Front Panel Fuses. The
that hold these screws to the front panel.
fuseholders are located on the lower left quadrant of the
d. Replacement of Electrical Caps for Fuse-
The knobs are marked with the word FUSE.
holders. Follow the same procedure as in b above, but
place a new cap on the fuseholder instead of replacing
the cap removed.
Replacement of Indicator Lamp Lens.
(2) Pull the cap out; this will withdraw the
(1) Turn the indicator lamp lens of either
fuse with it from the fuseholder body.
indicator with its threaded metal retainer counter-
clockwise until it can be removed from its socket.
(3) Pull the blown fuse from the cap and
(2) Replace the indicator lamp lens and
replace it with a new one.
the retainer by screwing clockwise into the socket.