(1) Battery BA-5598/U contains pressurized cells similar to aerosol cans. Battery
should never be opened, crushed, punctured, disassembled, or otherwise
(2) The battery should never be recharged. Such action could lead to venting, rupture, or
rupture with fire.
(1) TURN OFF the equipment immediately if you detect the battery compartment becom-
ing unduly hot, hear battery cells venting (hissing sound), or smell irritating sulphur
(2) Carefully remove battery from the equipment, and place away from the area of opera-
If the battery cannot be removed immediately, leave the area of operation.
Battery will cool in 30 to 60 minutes.
(3) When cooled, remove battery from equipment and notify organizational maintenance
who will replace the battery and dispose of the defective one.
In the event of a fire involving Battery BA-5598/U, extinguish the battery
fire with a fine spray of water to flood the burning materials.