TM 11-5805-384-30 P
Z - Nonreparable. No repair is authorized.
(3) Recoverability code. Recoverability codes are assigned to support items to indicate the disposition
action on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the Uniform
SMR Code format as follows:
Z - Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose at the level indicated in position 3.
D - Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal
not authorized below depot level.
c. National Stock Number. Indicates the National stock number assigned to the item and will be used for
d. Part Number. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, company, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of
When a stock numbered item is requisitioned, the repair part received may have a
different part number than the part being replaced.
e. Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM). The FSCM is a 5-digit numeric code listed in SB 708-
41/42 which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc.
f. Description. Indicates the Federal item name and, if required, a minimum description to identify the
g. Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard of the basic quantity of the listed item as used in
performing the actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical
abbreviation (e.g., ea, in, pr, etc). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue, the lowest unit of
issue that will satisfy the required units of measure will be requisitioned.
h. Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the
illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
4. Special Information
a Detailed assembly instructions for items source coded to be assembled are found in TM 11-5805-384-
34. Assembly components are listed immediately following the item to be assembled.
b. The following publications pertain to the TA-341B/TT and its components:
TM 11-5805-384-12, Telephone Sets TA-341/TT, TA-341A/TT and TA341B/TT
TM 11-5805-384-20P, Telephone Set TA-341B/TT
TM 11-5805-384-34, Telephone Sets TA-341/TT and TA-341A/T and TA-341B/TT
5. How to Locate Repair Parts
a. When National stock number or part number is unknown.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within which the item belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional groups and listings are divided into
the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National stock number or part number is known.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National
stock number or part number. This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in
alphameric sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair