(3) Recoverability code. Recoverability codes are assigned to support items to indicate the disposition
action on unserviceable items. The recoverability code is entered in the fifth position of the Uniform SMR Code format
Nonreparable item. When unserviceable , condemn and dispose at the level indicated in position 3.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable , condemn and dispose at the direct support level.
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable , condemn and dispose at the general support level.
Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability , return to depot. Condemnation and disposal
not authorized below depot level.
National Stock Number. Indicates the National stock number assigned to the item and will be used for
Part Number. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual , company , firm ,
corporation , or Government activity) , which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings , specifications standards , and inspection requirements , to identify an item or range of items.
When a stock numbered item is requisitioned , the repair part received may have a different part number
than the part being replaced.
Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM). The FSCM is a 5-digit numeric code listed in SB 708-42
which is used to identify the manufacturer , distributor , or Government agency , etc.
Description. Indicates the Federal item name and , if required , a minimum description to identify the item.
Unit of Measure (U/M). Indicates the standard of the basic quantity of the listed item as used in performing
the actual maintenance function. This measure is expressed by a two-character alphabetical abbreviation (e.g. , ea , in ,
pr , etc.). When the unit of measure differs from the unit of issue , the lowest unit of issue that will satisfy the required
units of measure will be requisitioned.
Quantity Incorporated in Unit. Indicates the quantity of the item used in the breakout shown on the illustration
figure , which is prepared for a functional group , subfunctional group , or an assembly.
The following publications pertain to AN/TCC-65 and its components:
Telephone Set TA-312/PT.
Converter , Telephone Signal CV-1548/G , CV-1548A/G and 18A4 Panel Assembly.
Multiplexers TD-660/G and TD-660A/G.
Intercommunications Station LS-147C/FI.
How to Locate Repair Parts
When National stock number or part number is unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents , determine the functional group within which the repair part belongs.
This is necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional groups , and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing , find the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
When National stock number or part number is known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers , find the pertinent National stock
number or part number. This index is in ascending NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in ascending
alphameric sequence , cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number , locate the figure and item number in the repair